12 Days of Christmas~Day 8~Place Cards {Event}

On the eighth day of Christmas my true friend gave to me…

Picture5

…eight place cards so my guests will all know their seat.

If you are just joining our 12 Days of Christmas Event, go back to day one for all the yummy details!!!

Download Kristin’s printable for today by clicking on the image.

12Days8

Everything about a pomegranate speaks Christmas to me. Its jolly red color, the sweet tangy fruit, and the fact that it’s December and I can still find these beauties falling off the tree. Why not turn them into beautiful place cards?

WB 219-

WB 230

Supplies:

• Pomegranates
  • Ornament hooks (from the dollar store)
  • UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel)
  • Embossing ink
  • Embossing Gun Heat Tool
  • Paintbrush
  • Mod Podge
  • Glitter or Dimaond Dust
  • Hot Glue Gun

Paint the top half of the pomegranate with clear embossing ink. Pour UTEE over the ink to generously cover. Set with a heat tool. This gives the fruit a perpetually wet look, and makes the color pop!

WB 235

Thin your Mod Podge with a few drops of water, and paint onto the lower half of the pomegranate. Sprinkle with glitter to give the pome a dipped-in-sugar appearance. I used Deco-Art’s Glamour Dust for this step because that’s what I had.

Secure an ornament hook to the top with hot glue. Now you are ready to attach your tag!

WB 227

The best part about these treats? Your guests can still eat them! Nothing we did to them has harmed the inside in any way; all you need to do is slice open and serve.

And this whole project only cost me a buck (for the ornament hooks), everything else I had on hand. Love a thrifty project!

Signature[5]

whipperberry

Comments

1. CandaceAshley says

These are wonderful! I love pomegranates and this is a great way to use them! Thanks for sharing, I am a follower!

2. Nancy says

Great idea! I just thought of these two pomegranates in my fridge that have been sitting there. hmmm.. maybe I will have to buy fresher ones :o)!! Thanks for sharing!

3. Denise @ Simply Weekends says

I am thoroughly enjoying each day of this series! Such great ideas and gorgeous pictures…thanks for sharing! :)

Denise

4. Sue (Someone's Mom) says

I've never seen a pomegranate on a tree…but they are in my stores right now, so it is time to enjoy them. This is a great idea!

5. Carol says

This is so creative! I am jealous that you have them on a tree. Here in MN we can only hope that we get pomegranates once in awhile in our grocery stores!

6. Emily says

@Carol – That makes me laugh, because who would of thought that anybody could possibly be jealous of the agriculture here?! We may not be able to grow much in this barren sand, but Las Vegas seems to be okay for pomegranate trees!