Silhouette Cameo Advent Calendar

With Halloween over and a chill FINALLY making here to Las Vegas, it's official… The holiday crafting season has begun!! One of the first things on the list, a new Advent Calendar for this year.  The folks at Silhouette have come up with a genius Limited Edition Christmas Advent Calendar Kit designed specifically for your new Cameo or your Silhouette SD, the best of BOTH worlds!

I love this whole concept. You get the limited edition empty box from Silhouette along with a download card filled with all of the fabulous box styles that you can use to fill it.  Then all you have to do is CREATE your very own!  What I love most about it, is that you can change it up every year to match your holiday mood.  I don't know about you but… I tend to vacillate between colors and styles every year. This year, I think… I am in a red and white rustic, elegant Christmas mood with a little old world flair.

When I was making my advent, I was taken back to the fun Christmas markets that we visited in Germany a few years ago.  I have been so inspired by their simple and elegant take on the holiday and thought it would be perfect for this project.  I used craft paper that I cut with my Silhouette Cameo…

Not only did I cut the boxes with my Cameo, I also created the stencils that I used to paint the numbers onto the boxes…

I then went a little old school and used some fabulous wooden stamps that I found in the new Martha Stewart holiday collection and embossed the images directly onto the box with embossing powder.

I LOVED how it turned out and it's going to look great with my holiday decor this year.  What makes it even better, next year if the pink retro bug hits me, I can change it right up and it will fit PERFECT!!

I can't wait to see what you guys make with your Limited Edition Silhouette Christmas Advent Calendars… Oh wait, you don't have one you say!  Well, Silhouette has graciously given all of you guys a fantastic deal! All WhipperBerry readers can get their very own Advent for $29.00, that's $10.00 off the original price!!  All you have to do is enter WHIPPER at check out to receive the deal. You need to run and grab one now!  They only have a limited number available and the great deal runs through November 11th and you don't want to miss out!

Soooo, how would you design your advent for this year? Simple and elegant, retro, shabby chic, whimsical… I would love to hear!!

Comments

1. Jessica Busby says

These are calendars are SO pretty!! I wish I had one!! But I can’t afford it! So for now, I will live vicariously through your awesome cameo crafts!!! And if I had a cameo and an advent calendar I would use my Sugarplums Recollections Paperpad and make white tag labels for it. :D

So classic looking! I really love the simple elegance of your take on the advent calendar (and I especially love the christmas tree stamp you used for the 25th!)

3. Sylvia says

Heather,
    I don’t comment much but I wanted to make it a point to let you know how much I enjoy your blog.I look forward to seeing whipperberry in my subject area every time I see it! Thanks for all your hard work!
    Sylvia

I am starting a few new traditions with my two young boys this year: The Elf on a Shelf, a thankful tree, and this…I can’t wait to get started making this. I like that it is fun for the kids, and prett for my home.Lovely.

5. Joanie Schumann says

I absolutely love the calendar boxes in the picture but am a little confused how the advent calendar kit will be able to make this one as pictured above? It only comes with a large picture frame and not the wood box with shelves? Does the kit come with templates for the tan boxes and where can I get the wood shelving to fit those boxes?
    Thank you! I love it…..Joanie

6. Jennifer says

LOVE this. I too am curious how you did the overall box w/ the Silhouette kit being just a frame? Are you serious about selling for $100? Happily take you up on that offer! SO gorg!!

7. Valencia says

Wow that looks great!!! It looks like a frame that may be able to hold actual boxes? Am I right? My question is where did you get the white frame part.

Cori, Silhouette releases a new advent calendar every year. Right now, they don’t have any available but should release a new one soon for the holidays. Sorry!

kisses / heather

How do I order the SILHOUETTE CAMEO ADVENT CALENDAR! I have been looking and is the best one I have seen yet. I can’t seem to find a link or cash out section
    Thanks Caitlyn

9. Emily C says

Love love love!!!! I have many ideas going through my mind for this BUT I need to know, where do you get the wooden box/frame? Seems lame to buy the cutouts if you don’t have the exact frame too.

1. [...] 1/monsieurplusmadame 2/ramsamsaa 3/polkadotprintsstudio 4/canadianliving 5/threadedbasil 6/mindypitche 7/craftberrybush 8/davidandcarolineparker 9/dustjacketatti 10 allsort 11/etsy 12/etsy 13/howdoesshe 14/stylizimoblog 15/akissofcolour 16/jennicanknit 17/akissofcolour 18/zenzi-design 19/mrprintables 20/whipperberry [...]