Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins | Guest Recipe from Inspired by Charm

I am giddy with excitement today. One of my FAVORITE bloggers Michael Wurm from Inspired by Charm has graciously created a fabulous guest post to share with you guys today here on WhipperBerry.  I LOVE Michael, he is incredibly talented and someone I would love to spend a day with!

Hello readers of WhipperBerry! I'm Michael from Inspired by Charm. I am so excited to be posting here today. I've been a fan of Heather's for quite some time and was honored when she invited me to guest post. Over at Inspired by Charm, I share a colorful mix of DIY projects, home decor ideas, gardening, quilting and baking! Today I wanted to teach you how to make one of my latest baking creations: Strawberry Lemon Yogurt Muffins. With spring and summer quickly approaching, I needed a quick and easy muffin recipes that was moist and jam packed with flavor. After combining a couple of previously great recipes, I invented this winner that is sure to please.

strawlem6.jpg

Ready to get baking? Lets go! Here's what you'll need to make 12 muffins: 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons 1/3 cup light-brown sugar 1/3 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking power 1 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/2 cup butter – melted and cooled 2/3 cup milk 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt 2 eggs – beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 teaspoons lemon zest 2 cups strawberries – diced Lemon Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Add paper liners to twelve muffin tins.

IMG_3365.JPG

Begin by mixing your dry ingredients. In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, sugars, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

strawlem1.jpg

Next, mix your wet ingredients. In a medium bowl, stir together butter, milk, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest.

strawlem2.jpg

Then, add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients, stir until just combined.

IMG_3398.JPG

Mix the remaining two tablespoons of flour with your diced strawberries. This will prevent the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of your muffins.

strawlem3.jpg

Gently fold the flour coated strawberries into your mix.

IMG_3413.JPG

Using a scoop, completely fill your muffin liners with batter.

IMG_3417.JPG

Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean. Place muffin tin on wire rack to cool for five minutes. Then, remove muffins from the tin to finish cooling.

strawlem4.jpg

As your muffins cool, prepare your lemon glaze. Add powered sugar to a bowl, then add one tablespoon of lemon juice to your powered sugar and stir until combined. Continue to add the second tablespoon of lemon juice until you receive the constancy desired. Drizzle unto the top of your cooled muffins.

IMG_3501.JPG

And you're finished! I placed my muffins into a decorative liner and topped them with a slice of strawberry and lemon. It's a little teaser for what's inside.

IMG_3549.JPG

The result is a light, fruity, and moist muffin perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a late night snack!

IMG_3532.JPG

I'm sure your will love this recipe. If you give it a try, be sure to stop by Inspired by Charm and let me know what you think. A huge thanks (and kisses) to Heather for inviting me to share with all of you today. It was a delight. Happy baking!

Isn't Michael aaaaamazing!!  He is so talented and I LOVE everything that he creates.  He has such an eye for amazing design as well.  Here are some more of my favorites from Inspired by Charm…

A stunning Spring Neapolitan Cake and a fabulous Fauxnet wall art makeover.

Michael also write for Folk Magazine and is a Pinterest SUPER ROCK STAR!!  Seriously, you have to go check out his boards.  This guy has taste!

On top of all of that he runs a fabulous little inn in a small Pennsylvania town. The Inn is called Old Charm.  One day I would LOVE to take a fun trip and spend some time baking and crafting with Michael.  It's sounds DIVINE!!

Thank you, thank you Michael!  It's been so fun to have you over for a visit today.  Head on over to Inspired by Charm and check out all that Michael has to offer!!

Comments

I stumbled across Michael’s blog just recently Heather and saw the artwork makeover. What a fantastic idea. I was actually in my local thrift store today looking at a vintage artwork piece wondering if I could do the same. That’s the effect he had on me, all the way over here in Australia. His photos are amazing and what gorgeous little muffins. I can wait to try them. Thanks for having him today. It’s prompted me to follow him. I don’t want to lose track of this one! LOL

Anne xx

2. Ben says

WOW! Michael just gets more fabulous with every project. Its always so exciting to see what he does next!

Oh my gosh… what a fabulous photoshoot. These look amazing!

I’m a big Inspired by Charm fan so I’m super spoiled by what Michael has to offer. Warning: visiting his blog becomes an addiction of sorts. :) Thanks for having him over here, Heather!

Donna

What a lovely feature, and blog! Michael is such a remarkably talented man… I met him through FOLK Magazine, and am inspired by his vision for simple beauty. And somehow, he ALWAYS makes me hungry!! ;0)

These look SO good! I’m currently stuck under a few inches of snow – what a great way to dream about warm, sunny days. I’m so anxious for strawberry season!!

7. Lori H says

Everything Michael makes looks fabulous and these muffins are no exception! Now I am going to peruse your blog…so glad to find it from Inspired by Charm. :)

8. Becky deVries-Wong says

Looks like a great recipe, I’m not finding a place to easily print out the recipe in a printer friendly version. Am I missing it some where? Thanks for the help

9. sharon says

hello, i came over from michaels lovely blog! I love his DIY ideas, crafts and cooking! Now i am happy to find your blog! Thanks!

10. Sonia Morton says

Michael is an entertaining blogger and has a wonderful sense of style. Can’t wait to make the muffins but I’ll force myself to hold out until local berries are available.

11. Chris says

These look AMAZING! Lemon and strawberry is one of my all time fave flavor combinations. I can’t wait to try them! =)

12. Deb Hornick Gotham says

I love everything Michael does and these are no exception..going to go look around your blog..love what I see so far:) Thanks for having me!

13. Beth says

i made these muffins and was so excited about them but they never, ever set! i live in a country where strawberries are VERY expensive so i am sooooo disappointed that i wasted so much money and time and effort on a muffin that didn't even turn out. i didn't matter how long i left them in the oven (i tried a lower temp) they still never got done. i bake all the time and never have this problem. has anyone else noticed that there are too many wet ingredients? the batter was so runny! i guess that was the problem. i am not seeing anyone else comment who actually made them. am i the ony one? soooo bummed.

14. Nbake says

Wow, these are delicious!!!  I made them fairly healthy and they are still one of the best muffins I've ever tasted, and I'm not even the best baker.  I used 100% whole weat flour, peach greek yogurt, unsweetened applesauce in place of butter and tossed the strawberries with flaxseed instead of extra flour.  I did skip the glaze, but they are so moist and fruity alone that it doesn't even matter!

1. [...] Strawberry lemon yogurt muffins… mmm these look divine. Now I am craving strawberries!  I will be trying all of these recipes at some point. Which ones are you dying to try? I hope you all have a great weekend and are able to spend some time outside with the kids. The weather is beautiful. Enjoy it! xo {For more creative ideas visit iheartnaptime.net or catch Jamielyn via facebook / twitter/ pinterest} [...]