Sharing Holiday Joy with Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars // My all time favorite Christmas goodies are my Mom's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars…

Some of my earliest Christmas memories are hanging out in the kitchen with my Mom and sometimes my Dad while they made their famous holiday concoctions. They had a few staples on the list… Fudge, peanut brittle (not my favorite,) your classic Christmas Sugar cookie and then my favorite the chocolate peanut butter bar. I remember dreaming about this little treat all though out the year. Not to mention the anticipation I would feel when Mom would start the task of holiday baking. She always kept the pans of goodies out in our cool garage which acted as our overflow kitchen storage. They were supposedly hidden from sticky little fingers, but no… I always found them. Nibbling little morsels here and there until the sad day when the pan of chocolate peanut butter goodness was gone for another year.

I remember that sense of pride I felt as we would travel out as a family to deliver our plate of goodies to friends and neighbors. I always felt like my Mom's holiday plate was just a little extra special because of the chocolate peanut butter bars. My Mom would always make them in a 9×13 pan and then cut them into bars. This year I made some for my family and friends in these super cute mini paper loaf pans that I found at Walmart and then wrapped them with decorative parchment paper tied with bakers twine. A nice little updated touch to an old family classic.

I just love these little treats full of messages of love from giver to the lucky person receiving the special gift. Whether it's a personalized card or cookies right out of the oven, I love sharing the warmth of the holiday season with my family, friends and, of course, my readers!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 cup peanut butter

2 cups powdered sugar

2 sticks butter (melted)

2 cups chocolate chips

Directions

Mix graham crakers crumbs, peanut butter, sugar and butter together well and press into a 8×8 pan. Melt chocolate and spread on top of peanut butter mixture and chill for 30 minutes. Cut into small squares and serve at room temperature.

Comments

1. Tracey says

Being with the ones I love most ~ my family! Also, remembering the true meaning of Christmas! Merry Christmas to you & your family Whipperberry! Thank you for the nummy recipe!!! Love your blog!!!

2. Sharon Bourque says

Time with family and friends….the house decked out….time worn Christmas CD’s…..down time to sit by the fire.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Ann says

Oh my! It looks like I found this blog at just the right time.
    Laughter and the love of, and for, family and friends is the perfect recipe for any holiday. I wish that for you and yours.

4. Sindi Honea says

Sharing special time together with my family. Cooking and eating certain foods that are special and reserved for this time of year. Listening to Christmas music while decorating and cooking. Remembering the Christmas story…. All mixed together are my recipe for a Happy Holiday.

5. becky d says

Opening Christmas presents with my extended family on Christmas Eve and then a wonderful Christmas morning with my kids!

6. Trish says

1-batch of my family, plus 1-batch of my brother’s family, add 1- more batch of my grown daughters family, then mix us all together well at my dad’s house and it makes one GREAT HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!,and this year I can bring your peanut butter bars! Thanks!

7. Nicole says

Every Christmas season our family gets a freshly cut tree which we promptly take home to decorate. After our hard day’s work, we dine on a bowl of soup from the waiting crockpot & freshly baked bread from our local bakery. Then we watch Christmas movies & have hot cocoa & cookies.

8. Cheryl Warren says

Hope I am not too late! My recipe for the perfect holiday is being with my family and making my bread pudding! Those peanut butter bars look fantastic!

9. Jen says

Just found your blog and I'm in love!!!!! These bars look fabulous. Please let me know if you would still be able to send me the recipe.

Jen-

Thanks! I totally forgot that the recipe wasn’t on this post. I will post it for you soon, so make sure you check back. Thanks so much for reminding me about this!

kisses // heather