Kosher Dill Pickle and Sausage Roll Recipe
Yield 8 rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of diced kosher dill pickles
- 1/4 cup of diced green onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 polish sausages cut in half
- 8 kosher dill pickle spears
- 8 large freezer roll dough balls brought to room temp and allowed to rise
- everything but the bagel seasoning blend (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F
- In a medium bowl combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, diced kosher dill pickles, green onion, garlic salt, onion salt, salt and pepper. Whisk together and set aside.
- On a clean surface roll out the risen roll dough ball until about 5 inches across but, make sure not to roll the dough too thin.
- Place a piece of sausage, pickle spear & about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the dough.
- Roll the ingredients up into the dough and secure the seams by pinching them together.
- If using the seasoning bled, place a 1/4 tsp. of the blend on your surface and roll the sausage roll through the seasoning blend to imbed the s easoning into the dough.
- Place the roll on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat the process for the remaining ingredients.
- Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the roll is a nice golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining dill pickle and cream cheese dip.
Recipe by Whipperberry at https://whipperberry.com/kosher-dill-pickle-and-sausage-rolls/