Tortilla Berry Hand Pies
Yield 5 people
Nothing better than the sweet taste of summer berries wrapped in a uncooked tortilla a cooked to perfection!
- Prepare your berries by washing, removing leaves and stems. Cut into bite sized pieces if needed.
- Place berries into a medium sized bowl and mix with flour and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Pour oil into a sauce pan, and place over medium high heat until it reaches 350˚
- Cut tortillas in half.
- In one of the tortillas halves place a large spoonful of the berry mixture.
- Dip your clean finger into the bowl of water and lightly we the outside edge of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half and then crimp with a folk.
- Place 1-2 of the hand pies into the 350˚ oil and fry on both sides until nice and brown.
- Remove from the oil and let sit on a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Sprinkle the hand pies with cinnamon sugar
- Let cool and serve.
Recipe by Whipperberry at https://whipperberry.com/tortilla-desserts-two-ways-%e2%80%a2-berry-hand-pies-baked-tortilla-sundae-bowl/