Hot Chocolate on a Stick {Gift Idea}

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_Stick_157[4]-

Yes you heard me right…Hot Chocolate on a Stick!!  This is the cutest idea of the season and I just had to share.  I was inspired by Make and Takes via Pen & Paperflowers, thanks ladies!!

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_Stick_142[4]--

First, make the Chocolate Ganache Blocks… {Click on the image to see the recipe}

Chocolate_Ganache_Blocks[6]--

Next, make the homemade Rustic Marshmallows… {Click on image to see recipe.}

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_Stick_117[5]--

Then you assemble.  Place a ganache block on the bottom, a marshmallow on top, then skewer with a stick.

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_Stick_139[3]-

Embellish the stick with Divine Twine or ribbon…

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_Stick_154[3]--

Try to resist eating them all, and package them up to give to your friends and neighbors…

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_stick_printable_1[4]-

I’ll make it even easier…here is a free printable tag for your tasty little gifts {click on image to print tags}

Hot Chocolate on a Stick printable copy

When you are finished…heat up some milk, pour it in a mug, and give your little treat a try…yum!

Hot_Chocolate_on_a_Stick_180_copy[4]-

And the best part about this treat? It can be given and enjoyed all winter long, not just during the holidays! It would be a fun thing to serve at any New Year’s party!

Signature_edited-1

WhipperBerryLogo

Comments

1. Christene says

So good to hear your 'voice' again and know you're doing well! I LOVE these darling little treats on a stick. And, um, please tell me…you made that hot chocolate mug didn't you? I can't wait to try this tasty creation. Thanks!

2. Heather {WhipperBerry} says

Sorry if you've had trouble printing the tags I've hopefully fixed the link. Let me know if you have any more troubles! You guys are WONDERFUL!!

Kisses
    Heather

3. Nichelle @ Vintage Wanna Bee says

I featured this on Talent Tuesday! It's AWESOME! Come grab a featured button if you'd like!!!!

Mucho love!
    -Nichelle

vintagewannabee.blogspot.com

4. Beth@The Stories of A2Z says

Oh my goodness too cute and fabulous! Your pictures are gorgeous and I'm a HUGE chocolate marshmallow fan! I need to apologize for the confusion but my linky on my blog was just a way for me to organize my year in review. I didn't mean to leave it open. Rhoda is having a top projects of 2010 party starting tomorrow morning so feel free to link up then! (But I'm selfishly glad you linked up so I could see this!)

5. Kim -today's creative blog says

Those are beautiful! What a great gift. I love the way you photograph your items.
    Thanks for linking to Get Your Craft On, I'd love a link back.

6. Sassy Sites! says

I LOVE this!! I featured it over at Sassy Sites… come by and check it out! Don't forget to grab a featured button if you don't already have one! Happy New Year!! xoxo

7. anna says

So cute! Love this idea. I've given people homemade powdered mix with marshmallows but this is definitely a much better presentation.

8. adilever says

I just made these (great directions, it was so easy!) and I was just wondering if I need to store them in the fridge. I'm giving them away as a gift in about a week.

9. Trendy Tree-Jeannie Pence says

Great looking treat….photos are very nice. Such a nice gift! Thank you for sharing. I'm sharing on my Trendy Tree Blog with links back to you. Great post…..keep them coming)))

10. Angie says

I came over from House of Smiths <3 what a great idea! I can't wait to try it, we're BIG hot chocolate fans at my house!!!

11. Robert says

Great idea, but please don’t use plastic sticks for this gift. When you pour hot milk over it, some chemicals might leach out of the plastic. Use a wooden stick instead!

I was wondering if you are *the* creator of ‘hot chocolate on a stick’? I was just talking to mt MIL last night about this product and how she might carry them in her brand new cupcake shoppe :)

• Amber says

I know King Arthur has a recipe for this, but they call them Cocoa Blocks. This recipe is a little different because it leaves out the bakers chocolate, so I am wondering myself it is missing from her recipe.