{Recipe} Red Velvet Cookie with White Chocolate Chunks

Okay, okay… our love affair with Red Velvet continues!  This time a Red Velvet cake mix is transformed into an amazing cookie.  The nice thing about these cookies are how simple they are to make!!

Red Velvet Cookies with White Chocolate Chunks

• 1 box of Red Velvet Cake Mix
  • 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 sticks of softened butter
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cups of White Chocolate Chunks

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add butter and mix until soft and fluffy.  Slowly add cake mix and flour. Once combined, add egg and mix completely.  Add white chocolate chunks, and mix for a minute or so until well combined.  Form dough into one inch balls, and place into the oven for 8-10 minutes. {Yields about 24 small cookies.}

Enjoy! I’m telling ya, these babies are to die for!!!  The combination of the red velvet and the white chocolate is aaaamazing!

Linking to:

Comments

1. Laura says

I made these for my daughter’s birthday (to take to school today). They seem a bit dry. :( I think I should have added the flour at the end and just added enough to get it the right texture. I am wondering if it is because we live in such a dry climate.

oh bummer, that may have been it. Next time I would do like you said, add it at the end and only add what you need to get the right texture. Hope your daughter has a great birthday, it’s my daughter’s birthday today too!!
      kisses
      heather

2. Jessica says

Very delicious recipe! I just didn’t put the white chocolate in it and used a cream cheese frosting for on top. Either way would probably be delicious!

3. Jenna Taylor says

I just made these cookies to take to share with grad school colleagues tomorrow, and let me tell you they are so moist and delicious!! The dough seemed very dry and worried a little bit, but it made it really easy to roll into dough balls, and I only baked mine for 6 min 30 sec to try and minimize the white chocolate chips burning on the bottom. They taste amazing! Thanks for posting!

4. Kaycie says

I tweaked it just a little bit. I beat the butter first, then added the egg to that, then I beat the butter & egg mixture until it was fluffy. Then I added the dry ingredients, but I only added one cup of chips.
    They turned out perfectly and I’m planning on making them again for Christmas!

5. Sierra says

I’m making these for my friends for Christmas. Based off all the comments, they seem like they’ll be really good! I’ll repost when I finish

6. Kristen says

I rolled a variety of sizes and the larger ones were too dry for my liking, so definitely stick to rolling them into 1 inch balls, no bigger.
    Even the smaller ones are still not as moist as I would like my cookies. I followed the recipe exactly, but ended up with over 45 cookies. I’m not complaining, just wondering if that has something to do why mine turned out fairly dry.

7. Rachel says

Is it true you can use German Chocolate cake mix instead of Red Velvet cake mix? I can’t find the Red Velvet anywhere!

• Amanda says

Yes, you can. You add 1 tbsp cocoa powder & a 1oz bottle of red food coloring to a box of german chocolate cake mix.

Heather,

I work at a cupcake shop during the school semester and we also sell red velvet cookies but they’re made from frozen dough. I’m on break right now and was craving them so I used your recipe and they are soooo yummy. Thanks a million.

9. lesa huie says

I made this in to a cookie cake for my husbands birthday to take to work , this turned out great everyone loved it =))

10. Meghann says

I sent these to my husband who is on deployment on a ship and he is requesting them again for Valentine’s day. I tried to make them into hearts, but look more like blobs…but they still are to die for!! Red Velvet is his favorite and I’m so glad I can send these to him. Thank you!

11. Becky says

I made these tonight. While mixing, the dough seemed too thick, so I added an extra egg. I had noticed that the cookie recipe on the side of the box called for 2 eggs, so I thought I would try it. They turned out awesome, very moist. I did have to cook them for 12 minutes though. Very addictive :)

12. Emily says

I just made these! I chose to use two eggs instead of the 1 that is posted and they came out PERFECT! my mom is usually so hard to please and does not much like cookies but she LOVED these. Such a great idea. Thanks for the recipe!

13. Missy says

Wish I had read through all the comments first as mine turned out dry also. I’ll add an extra egg or try less flour next time. I do like how they held their shape instead of flattening out.

14. Anne says

What brand of cake mix did you use? Mine turned out dry too and I’m wondering if the ingredient amounts work better with a specific brand. I used Betty Crocker – didn’t work out :(

15. tay says

Just made these today – followed the recipe exactly and the dough came out very wet so I decided to keep the first batch in the oven for about 12 minutes, since they didn't look cooked through enough at 10 minutes. I regret my decision because that batch came out slightly burned. I left them in the oven for 10 minutes for the next batch and when I took them out they were very soft, but hardened nicely as I let them cool. These cookies are delicious!

16. Alison says

Hey there, I added a little bit of salt and it made quite the difference. Also, I found that rolling them into 1-inch balls made the best cookie. good recipe, though