Recipe~ Nutella Banana Cream Cake in a Jar

Nutella Banana Cream Cake in a Jar 010

I’m sure if you have been following WhipperBerry for anytime now, you know that I get stuck on things at times.  Case in point… our Red Velvet obsession a few months ago.  My new obsession… all the amazing variations that you can make with a basic cake mix and the lovely Cool Whip cream that I have fallen in love with.

Today’s variation is inspired by my trip to Paris a few years ago.  My family and I fell in love with the Nutella and banana crepes that you can find on almost any street corner in Paris.  I have to admit… we bought quite a few.  The other day I was thinking about the Black Cherry Poke Cake and I thought… wouldn’t that be tasty if I made a cake based on our favorite crepe, and here is what I came up with.

Nutella Banana Cream Cake 047 copy

Nutella Banana Cream Cake in a Jar

1 box of vanilla cake mix

1/2 c Nutella

1-2 Bananas

8 oz. Cool Whip

0.9 oz. Instant banana cream pudding mix

1/2 c Milk

Banana Cream

Add milk to a mixing bowl.  Turn mixer on low and slowly add the dry pudding mix.  Once fully incorporated add the Cool Whip and mix well.  You will want to fully scrape down the bowl and then mix again to make sure the pudding mix is fully incorporated.  Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.

Cake

Prepare cake according to package directions and bake either in a small jar or as a cupcake. Make sure to not fill either jar or cupcake liner to full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18-23 minutes.

Once cake has cooled core a small section in the middle of the cake…

How to core a cupcake

This time I used an apple corer to do the job. Make sure you only go about half way down.  You will then pipe a small dab of Nutella into the hole in center of the cake.  A small amount will do, Nutella is rich and you don’t want to totally over power the cake.

Filling a Cupcake

Now at this point you can choose how you want to present the cake.  I sliced some banana and added it to the top of the cake before I topped it off with the cream…

Cupcake Filling

Nutella Banana Cream Cake 064

I’m still working on getting the consistency of the cream just right.  I would love for it to be a little smoother, so if you try it out and have some suggestions I would LOVE to hear them.

Don’t forget to take advantage of the 20% off of all the Lifestyle Crafts goodies this week.  Just head over to their site and enter WHIPPERBERRY at check out to receive the discount.

Signature_edited-1

WhipperBerryLogo

Comments

1. decocinasytacones says

Wow!, what a lovely recipe!.
    Do you mind if I make these and post them in my blog?, Of course I´ll mention your blog in that post.
    Thanks
    Marialuisa

2. Heidi / I'm with Leia says

Fantastic!!! So want to make this soon – look so good, delicious but still easy :)

Perhaps something I can serve at the upcoming baby shower? Thanks for the posting :)

3. Studio Gal Shannon says

Sounds and looks delicious. Guests are coming this weekend. I'll maybe try this for them.

4. Ann-Margaret Arnold says

Beautiful pictures and such a yummy sounding recipe!! So happy you were reliving those fun Paris memories! :) Cannot wait to try these!! I think I would tonight if I had all the ingredients!! LOL

5. Marnie says

Looks delish. I love the idea of the jars. There was major flooding at Christmas time in South east Queensland where most of Australia gets it's bananas from and all the crops were wipes out, so they have been in very short supply and sell for around $14 per kilo. Very much an indulgent purchase at the moment, I purchased 1 banana for my 2 year old last week and it cost me nearly $2 !!!!!!.
    I'm guessing that cool whip is whipped cream in a can? I like to just whip my own and add a little icing sugar plus whatever flavouring I'm going for (Baileys Irish Cream is my fave). As long as you don't overwhip, it should come out smooth. Have a great weekend.
    x Marnie

• Nay says

Marnie, Cool Whip is like whipped cream and either comes in a can or a tub. It tastes the same as whipped Thickened Cream with some Sugar added.

6. La Roquette says

Fantastic photography, they look so perfect… Will definitely be following :)

great photos :)

Check out my blog at la-roquette.blogspot.com

7. The Procrastobaker says

Your photography is simply stunning! Living in the UK we dont have pudding mix as far as i know, so i cant try out your lovely recipe but your photos alone are enough for me to adore this post! :)

8. Flyer Printing says

As I always say, I am a BIG fan of nutella! I always appreciate recipes that have something to do with nutella. I find this interesting and delicious!

Your a genious! Love your idea and your recipe. This is what I am looking for to give for my sister's debut next month. She will surely surprised with this new idea. Thanks.

We love your blog!! And love love banana anything so these look delish…so I make a similar "cream" and have found that if you use fat free half and half instead of milk–I use 1 cup of fat free half and half to one small box of instant pudding and mix it until it begins to thicken and then add in the cool whip the texture is for some reason creamier than with milk–but fat free–bonus!! try it and see what you think!! Love all your fab ideas and gorgeous blog
    snobs…

I love this idea!!! Planning my littlest’s birthday party right now, Sock Monkey theme… and I’m going bananas for all things banana! I think we’ll do this as the cake and leave the toppings in bar form for everyone to top their own! :) About how many does this recipe make? Thanks!!

1. [...] Now at this point you can choose how you want to present the cake. I sliced some banana and added it to the top of the cake before I topped it off with the cream… Or you can leave the bananas off if you are doing the basic cupcake. Pipe on the banana cream and garnish with a dollop of Nutella or with mini chocolate chips. » Recipe~ Nutella Banana Cream Cake in a Jar » Whipperberry [...]