Hey guys! The world has been turned upside down and has gone a little cattywampus lately with Covid-19. Our hearts ache for those who have lost loved ones or who find themselves in serious financial peril now because of the spread of the virus. Our family is hunkering down and social distancing like most of you and looking for ways to stay busy. One this we have thought of to help bring joy to those around us is to put together some social distancing glow in the dark easter egg hunts.
We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and my husband and I are in charge of the nursery there. We get to hang out with the kiddos that are 18 months up to 3 years old each Sunday and we love it. With church now moved to a home based system in order to slow the spread of Covid-19 we were thinking it would be fun to put together these glow in the dark Easter egg hunts for our little nursery kiddos. We had so much fun that we’ve been “Egging” all kinds of friends around town. Here’s what you’ll need…
- light up fillable Easter eggs – we found the light up kind at Walmart. However, they aren’t available online so I can’t post a link for you.
- regular fillable easter eggs – use these if you can’t find the light up kind.
- glow sticks- if you can find the small 1.5 inch size those will fit inside the Easter eggs if not, we found just regular glow sticks at Walmart in the party section and used those to mark our hidden eggs.
- candy or small toys to fill the eggs
- printable door sign – you can download that here
All you need to do is fill your eggs, print the door sign and bring your glow sticks along. We have done it both ways with the light-up eggs and with glow sticks and either way is just as fun. We quietly hide the eggs, place the glow sticks in the ground to mark the egg placement if you don’t have the light-up eggs like this…
Place the sign on the door step, ring the doorbell and run! It’s super fun! We hope you have fun spreading some joy during these uncertain times.26