I am a huge goat cheese lover! You can add goat cheese to almost anything and it would elevate it to a whole new level, in my opinion. This recipe was inspired by Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes at SkinnyTaste.com. I gave it the the old Whipper once-over and fell in LOVE!
Did you know that goat cheese is 30% lower in fat and calories than most cow’s milk cheese?
Agave Goat Cheese Dressing – Serves 15
- 4 oz. of creamy goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp Agave (a natural sweetener like honey that can be found at most supermarkets these days.)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, jucied
In a small blender, combine the goat cheese, agave, extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar and lemon. Season with fresh cracked black pepper and salt. Mix until creamy.
Apple Scallion Pecan Salad with Agave Goat Cheese Dressing – Serves 1
- 10 pecan halves
- 1/2 apple sliced
- 2 cups of romaine lettuce (or, what ever green you want)
- 1 scallion sliced
- 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Fill a bowl with the baby greens. Top with the pecans, apples, scallions and goat cheese. Drizzle with the Agave Goat Cheese Dressing.
Looks delish! BTW, do you know the WW points count on this salad?