Hello Whipperberry friends, it's me Jo-Anna from A Pretty Life in the Suburbs!
I'm so happy to be over here at Whipperberry again (I'm still pinching myself)! I hope you enjoyed my last recipe, and I'm hoping you're going to love this one too! I know we did.
Today I'm sharing a recipe for Triple Chocolate Deep Dish Brownies with Ice Cream. Now just take a moment to absorb that…say it out loud…Triple Chocolate Deep Dish Brownies. Mmmmmm! Oh yes, I went there. You should too.
And I won't even tell you that these brownies are gluten free. They're so good you won't even realize there's no flour in them. But don't let the gluten free thing scare you either…this recipe is versatile…just use all purpose flour instead if you wish.
These are seriously delicious. Gooey, warm, chocolatey and rich.
You must, I repeat you must, eat these brownies warm with ice cream. A treat of epic proportions! 😉 And perfect for guests, special occasions or just the occasion of every day. I mean really, do we need a reason to eat brownies?!
4 oz of dark chocolate 1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup almond flour (or all purpose flour if you don't wish to use almond flour) 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1/2 tsp baking powder 2 eggs 1 cup brown sugar 2 tsp vanilla 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet) vanilla ice cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter over indirect heat. To do this, I put a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, and stir it constantly until it is melted and smooth. Then remove from heat, and cool slightly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Once the melted chocolate mix is cooled slightly, add the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
- Then stir in flour mix. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter, evenly between 6 – 125 mL Mason Jars.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly before serving, then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- If you make these brownies ahead of time, just reheat them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes, or stick them in the microwave for a few seconds to heat them up.
Dig in friends, dig in.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –
– – – – – – – – – – – – – –2