A Pea in a Pod

I’ve been a cake decorator for a couple of years now.  I approached the art of caking like I do most things I want to learn about in life, I just started.  I made a lot of mistakes.  My first few cakes looked like they had boils beneath their fondant skin and I quickly learned that cake mixes make a cake too fluffy to bear the weight of fondant.   So I had sagging, pimply cakes.   But I didn’t give up! I kept trying new techniques and I eventually got to the point where I started selling my cakes.  I loved making cakes, and I felt like I was satiating my creative passion.

Then I was introduced to the world of dessert tables.

I just had to try one to see if it was as fun to create as it was beautiful to look at.  I started pouring over dessert tables designed by Amy Atlas, Kim at TomKat Studio, Sharnel at My Life, My Loves, and the list goes on.  I found the perfect opportunity by asking my friend if I could throw a baby shower for her.  We talked about themes and decided to go with “A Pea in the Pod”.  The shower turned out beautifully and I had great help from so many friends.  Heather took gorgeous photographs and we all enjoyed a fabulous evening.

IMG_7403 IMG_7412 IMG_7435 IMG_7416 IMG_7440 IMG_7460 IMG_7399

The following week, I submitted my table to Amy Atlas and she featured it on her website.  I really couldn’t believe that my first attempt at a dessert table was featured by the most famous dessert stylist I knew.

amy-atlas-150-x-150

Needless to say, I have found a new passion, and I’m so excited to do more.

Whitney

WhipperBerryLogo

thecsiproject

Comments

1. Amanda @ Heart Tree Home says

Visiting from the CSI project… Love your table! So cute! And congrats on the feature from Amy Atlas!

2. Amanda @ Serenity Now says

Hi, Whitney! Your photos most certainly deserved to be featured…wow!! I love it all. The cake is adorable, and you did such a good job of carrying the color scheme over into everything. :) I'm visiting from The CSI Project. Hope you'll stop by my blog and say hi. :)

3. alanna rose says

Super cute theme and adorable table – no wonder Amy Atlas featured you!

Are those avocado shells? What's in them?

4. ellie g says

I just had to stop by and say that the lanterns under the cake are GENIUS! So amazing. What a great idea for a shower, and such refreshing colors. I love this! Saw you over at CSI.

5. Krysten says

Beautiful job! I found you on CSI. I love the color scheme, and the style of your printables. Beautiful!

Krysten
    {clickable party}

6. Megan says

Wow! Love the simple colors and cute, but not too cutesy, cake and everything that compliments it! This is a great theme and a great dessert table.