Recipe~ Nutella Strawberry Shortcake

One of my most favorite things in the entire world is a sweet, red juicy strawberry with a dollop of Nutella on it… pure heaven!  The other day I was at the store and thought wouldn’t that make an amazing strawberry shortcake?  So after a little testing this is the delicious recipe I came up with.

Nutella Strawberry Shortcake
1 lb. of strawberries
1 T. Sugar
1/2 c. milk
1 small box of chocolate instant pudding
1 carton of Cool Whip
1/4 c. of Nutella
1 angel food cake
Clean and hull strawberries and cut into bite size chunks.  Sprinkle with sugar, toss and chill for one hour.
In a large bowl whisk together milk and pudding until smooth. Add Nutella and whisk again until smooth.  Combine with Cool Whip and chill for about an hour.
Cut angel food cake into bite size pieces.  Layer cake, strawberries, and Nutella cream in a small bowl and drizzle with some Nutella. Serves 4-6.

Signature_edited-1

WhipperBerryLogo

Comments

1. {nifty thrifty things} says

Oh my! This looks like heaven! I LOVE nutella and strawberries (nutella and banana is a close follower..)! ;)
    Thank you so much for sharing this!
    I would love to see this at the next {nifty thrifty sunday}!
    xoxo,
    Vanessa

2. Lauren @ the BADD blog says

Making these this weekend for SURE! Thanks Heather for always having such amazing content! :)

3. Tara says

Love your ideas! This looks delicious! I am an addict of nutella! I will have to try this with our friends sometime!

4. Heather (DSSP) says

Seriously amazing!! And I can think of a million reasons to make that nutella pudding mix. :) Like putting it in a bowl with a spoon – oops, did I say that??

5. Kim Bee says

I swear a tear rolled down my face when I saw these. These just look incredible. Bookmarking. Big thank you. Kim

First of all, that photo is so, so, soooo gorgeous.
    Second of all, nutella strawberry shortcake sounds like a fantastic idea. I've just found two containers of nutella hiding in my pantry that desperately need some attention like this. Yum!

7. Lydia says

I bumped into this recipe in the winter and had it saved on my phone ever since.  I finally made it yesterday, doubled all ingredients and all of the 10 people that ate it, LOVED it!!  It was deeeeeelish!!  I used a 16oz tub of cool whip with 2 small boxes of pudding and it was still thick and creamy … So good and I will make it again!! Ps the pudding will seem thick but the cool whip will change all of that :)