On Monday our family was thrilled to welcome a new little nephew into the world and I jumped at the chance to make some cute DIY onsies for the new little guy with my Silhouette CAMEO, the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition & the Heat Transfer Material also from Silhouette.
Aren't they cute? A Cuddle Bug and a Stink Bug… I LOVE it!! Back when I first bought my Silhouette SD a couple of years ago, I came up with this fun idea for a infant or toddler shirt, but my hands were tied. Silhouette has thousands of images in the Silhouette Studio® however, they didn't have the VW Bug that I needed to make this shirt work.
img source | vw bug from clipartsy
Since then Silhouette has introduced the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition that allows you to use Scalable Vector Graphics or .svg files that you can find on the web for your designs. When I found that out I did the HAPPY DANCE!! Here are some of the other features that the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition has to offer…
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
Isn't that sooooo fun!! All the things we can do now with our CAMEO and Silhouette SD. It's super easy to use as well. On Saturday I will have a tutorial on how to open and use a .svg file in Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition to create this fun infant onesie.
TODAY, I have an aaaamazing bundle deal to share with you from Silhouette.
Click here to visit the Silhouette Shop and cash in on this smokin' hot deal!! Don't forget to check back on Saturday for the full tutorial on how to make these super CUTE shirts for your little ones.