Roasted Pork White Chili Recipe sponsored by Pompeian OlivExtra Premium
Oh my stars… this is by far my favorite time of the year, SOUP season!! We finally had a super chilly weekend this weekend and it was a perfect time to ramp up my soup, stew & chili making skills. We have chili cook-off coming up here in Lincoln, so I thought I would start working on a fantastic white chili recipe. One of my favorite recipes is a White Chicken Chili that I crave year round. This time I used a scrumptious roast pork that I browned in Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium Mediterranean Blend.
Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium Mediterranean Blend is a unique, healthy blend of canola, extra virgin and grapeseed oil, representing key components of the Mediterranean Diet. This innovative blended oil provides the robust taste of extra virgin olive oil and the high smoke point of grape seed oil, making this the perfect oil to brown my pork roast.
Doesn’t that look scrumptious?! Because of the oil blend it’s perfect for the higher temperatures required for browning and frying.
This recipe is perfect for using left-over roast pork. Make up this same pork recipe and use it for tacos one night and chili the next, it’s perfect!!
Roasted Pork White Chili Recipe
- 2 lb. pork roast
- 5 tablespoons [url href=”http://www.pompeian.com/products/special-blends/olivextra-premium.aspx” target=”_blank”]Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium Mediterranean Blend[/url]
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon cumin
- 1 chipoltle pepper + adobo
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Mexican oregano
- 48 oz. low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 small can of white navy beans
- 1 small can of Cannellini beans
- 1 small can of hominy
- 1 small can of green chili
- 2 cups shredded pork
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large, heavy bottom dutch oven, heat Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium blend over high heat until hot. Salt your pork roast generously and place in the dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and brown on all side of the roast turning every two minutes until nice and brown.
- Once roast is nice and brown, remove from heat and cover with cumin, garlic and adobo sauce. Add the chipoltle pepper to the pot. Cover and slow-roast in a 300˚ oven for 4 hours.
- After four hours, remove from oven and place roasted pork on a separate plate to rest.
- Reserve any pan drippings in a small container. Use a fat-separator to remove fat from the pan drippings.
- Using the same dutch oven which is packed full of good flavor, add 2 tablespoons of OlivExtra® over medium high heat. Add chopped onions and cook until tender for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add minced garlic, additional cumin and oregano and cook for an additional minute.
- Add chicken broth, beans, hominy. Place over high heat and bring to a low simmer.
- Shred pork and place two cups of shredded pork to the pot along with the pan drippings
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add your evaporated milk. At this point taste and see if you need to add anymore salt & pepper.
- Garnish with lime, tortilla strips and either a queso fresco or shredded pepper jack cheese.
Disclaimer // This post sponsored by Pompeian OlivExtra® Premium Mediterranean Oil Blend. I am a member of the 2014 Pompeian team and have been compensated for my recipe creation. All thoughts, ideas and opinions are my very own.5