12 Days of Christmas–Day One–Paper Wreath {Event}

On the first day of Christmas, my true friend gave to me…

Are you excited? I’m excited!! We at WhipperBerry are all working like busy little bees to bring you… (da ta ta da!)

The Twelve Days of Christmas!

Let me explain. This is a gift giving experience for you and your family to spread some cheer this season. Pick a special person (or family), and secretly deliver a gift-from-the-heart 12 days in a row! If you want to deliver your final gift on Christmas Eve, then start on Dec. 13th.  We will have you all prepared by then! Today we are focusing on day one and our paper wreath.

Wreath 021 - 1

Starting today, and continuing each day through December 12th, we will be bringing you a free printable, a gift idea, and a tutorial as well!!  You can use our ideas or come up with your own, and we will be having a link party on the 13th where you can all showcase your creativity!

Kristin has made a wonderful FREE PRINTABLE  for you to use. You can choose to use our cute poem and gift idea, or fill out the blank one with your own ideas.

12Days1

Click on the picture for the free download!

On the first day of Christmas my true friend gave to me… One wreath to make my door pretty!

Here’s a suggestion of a wreath you can make to give, or you can choose to make or buy your own.

Pretty Paper Wreath Tutorial

Wreath 005 - 1

This paper wreath uses the same Mod Podge twisting method I used with my paper pumpkins.

Supplies:

• Scrapbooking paper cut into 1 inch strips
  • Original Mod Podge
  • Kraft or packing paper
  • Spray Paint
  • Hot glue gun
  • Ribbon
  • Embellishments of your choice

Twist your kraft paper into a tight cord and form into a circle slightly smaller than you want your wreath to be. Mine measures about 10 inches in diameter. Secure with hot glue. Spray paint the ring black (or another color depending on the colors of your paper).

One at a time, dip your paper strips into Mod Podge, and twist them to form a stick.

After they are mostly dry, bend them into a circle, and wrap each piece around the kraft ring, hot gluing the ends to the back. Keep layering on paper strips until the wreath looks very full and even.

Wreath 010 - 1

Tie ribbon to the top to hang the wreath, and embellish it as you wish!  Heather decorated mine with cute holly berries and a wooden ornament. For more tips and tricks for twisting paper visit my pumpkin tutorial.

Wreath 008 - 1

Join us tomorrow for Day Two!

Signature[5]whipperberry

Comments

1. Emily says

@Shannon – I used (exactly) 24 sheets of 8.5×11 in. paper. I chose the "Magic of the Season" paperpack from Hobby Lobby! Still have paper left. :)

2. LMcBurney says

That is a gorgeous wreath. I thought it was made from fabric material when I looked at it. How big was the base ring you used to make this wreath?

3. Allison says

This is SO pretty! I can't believe it is just made out of paper! Love it!
    Thanks for linking this up to my Catch a Glimpse party as well.

4. Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming says

Emily – So unique and pretty! Thanks so much for linking to the party – I greatly appreciate it! I featured these today – stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Hope you have a lovely week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

5. Jessa Irene (Holiday-Haven) says

This is so lovely, and frugal. Great gift idea! Thanks for sharing it in the Christmas Party!

6. Molly Smith says

This is the most fabulous wreath I have ever seen and I keep thinking "WOW" .. it blows my mind how much patience you must have. Thank you for sharing the tutorial and CONGRATS on winning the CSI Project challenge. WOW!

7. Jerri says

I love this! So beautiful!

I'm featuring Christmas wreaths on my blog on Monday, and I've added you to my post. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one!

8. Busy as a Bee in Paris says

Thank you so much for linking up! I have absolutely LOVED your 12 days of Christmas what a fabulous idea! I'm a follower now! ;) Hope your holiday season is merry and bright! xo, Maria

9. Bambi Pro says

This is adorable. What a good friend as I'm sure this took alot of time. Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring.

1. […] Twisting paper can make an awesome wreath. Who knew? Apparently Emily from WhipperBerry did. While this wreath is Christmas themed and you probably don’t have the time to make it before the big day, you can customize it to match your decor for any time of year. I’m so in awe of this process, which I typically am when someone thinks of something fab that is so simple. Visit the awesome ladies of WhipperBerry and see this tutorial here. […]