We’re getting ready for school here in these parts. With that comes the resurrection of old routines whether good or bad. Some routines stand the test of time like brushing your teeth, getting dressed and such. Others like making the bed could stand for a little improvement! Let’s be real here… How many of our kiddos or, us even, regularly make our beds? When the back-to-school routines truly kick-in, how many of our kiddos are skipping this one task because it’s just a pain and they would rather move on to bigger and better things? I have one little guy that generally skips this task or takes FOREVER making his bed thus making us late for school each morning. Anyone else in this boat? Yea, I thought so! That’s when I was introduced to Beddy’s Beds by a good friend of mine and my little guy has been using his new bedding all summer and we are super in love with this whole system!!! Come learn all about Beddy’s along with this fun room makeover for Gage.
+ This post brought to you by Beddy’s Beds +
Boys Room Makeover
SEVERAL months ago we embarked on a room makeover for our little guy. He had been living in a pink and purple room since our move last year and it was high time to make some changes. An eight-year-old boy will put up with a pink room for only so long. We don’t even know Ashley & Alexa and why they even had an attic!
We settled on an Explorer room packed full with all kinds of great inspiration to explore our world. We found an old discarded library book that was filled with copies of the maps from the Lewis & Clark expedition. The library was just throwing it out! We pulled it apart and Decoupaged the pages onto Gage’s wall.
The very last step that needed to be completed was, new bedding! Like I said before… His bed NEVER looks like the photo above. If it is made, it looks like Salvador Dalí made the bed rather than Martha Stewart. Granted, I know… It’s a little boys room but, there has to be something smarter & easier. Check out this video to see the genius of what we found!
The Genius of Beddy’s Bedding
Did you see that? How easy it was for Gage to just zip-up his bed when he got up? This bedding is brilliant! Here are my top 5 reasons why I love Beddy’s bedding…
- First off, it’s dang cute! I love the fabric that we selected for Gage’s room. We picked the Checked Out bedding and it looks great in his explorer room. They have all kinds of styles that are perfect for toddlers on up to Mom & Dad, both boys, and girls, along with college-age kiddos. Plus, the options keep expanding each year.
- His bed is so easy to make! The bedding is somewhat like a sleeping bag that has a fitted sheet element sewn on the bottom. The whole system fits right onto the bed and grips nicely to the mattress. Now, if you have hot sleepers like Gage is, don’t worry, the top blanket unzips at the bottom if you’d like and down each side, you can even remove the whole top blanket for washing. Gage is a hot sleeper and he likes to keep the side unzipped and then zips it right back up in the morning.
- I love that this is a product created by Moms for Moms! You know how Beddy’s came to be? It was out of the frustration of trying to make bunk beds. Have you ever tried to make a bunk bed? It’s impossible even for adults let alone kids. Beddy’s are handmade with fabulous fabric. The top fabric is 100% cotton and the inside is a scrumptious Minky fabric that all kiddos love. Gage has been using his bedding for a few months now and I’m thrilled with the quality of the materials & workmanship.
- Beddy’s bedding is easy to wash! I’ll be honest, when I first saw a Beddy’s system I thought it looked like a bear to wash. I was so wrong! Gage who struggled to gather all of his bedding on wash days in the past now has no problem stripping his bed and loading it into the washer all by himself.
- I love that his product empowers everyone to start their day on the right foot! When I was a kiddo, I received a pillowcase that said, “Start each day in a happy way.” It was actually a Strawberry Shortcake pillowcase. The first morning I used it, I was 6 or 7, I read the quote and it really hit me. I did need to start each day in a happy way! That morning I felt empowered to make my bed (the old fashioned way) starting my day on the right foot and then moving forward with confidence that I could handle whatever came my way that day. It sounds silly, right? Can making your bed empower you, of course it can. If you aren’t a bed maker, give it a go. Commit to making your bed for a week and see how that little change will change your day. We need to give that gift to our kiddos. A good breakfast and a made bed, that’s a good recipe for a great start to the day!
What are you going to do this new school year to help your kiddos to feel successful right from the start? I highly recommend investing in some Beddy’s bedding for the kiddos. I’m thrilled with how Gage loves his new bedding and how his room looks with the bedding.
+ Disclaimer – This post has been sponsored by Beddy’s Beds. They sent product for my family to review however, I was not paid for my review or for this post. Remeber, I only share what I love and truly use in my everyday life. +