This post brought to you by DecoArt // Back to school is right around the corner for my kiddos and it's time to start working on dressing up our school supplies. I am Target's biggest fan and have been since birth, so… A few trips to Target is a must before school starts. I've been loving the Greenroom line of school supplies and found a fun notebook that I thought would look extra special with some gold polka dots!
Doesn't it look extra special now? This is a perfect project for your kiddos to create some fun notebooks for themselves or to create a fun teacher gift for their new teacher. It's super easy, here is what you will need…
Polka Dot Notebook Supplies
- Find a fun notebook.
- Select a coordinating paint color from the full line of DecoArt paints. I used Americana Multi-Surface Satin in Muted Gold. These paints are available at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, A.C Moore and other fine craft retailers.
- Large Foam Paint Brush.
- Cardboard diamond that I cut out myself.
Polka Dot Notebook Instructions
- Open up your notebook and lay as flat as possible on a protected table.
- Use your paint cap a your paint supply, this way you don't have to create any waste. Just pour little bits of paint in the cap and when you are finished, just rinse it out, dry completely and replace on the paint bottle.
- Take your large foam paint brush and dip the tip of the handle into the paint lid and load with a small amount of paint. Then using your cardboard diamond as a guide (a trick I learned from one of my contributors Haley from Life is Sweet) carefully place your polka dots.
- Let dry over night to ensure that the paint has completely dried. My polka dots were pretty thick so that couldn't see the notebook through the paint so it took a bit for it to dry.
Like I said before, this would be fun for your kiddos or for a teacher gift for the first day of school.
On August 14th I will be sharing this fun printable tag with the Printable Club that you can use to create a super fun teacher gift for your kiddos new teacher.
Pair your polka dot notebook with a coordinating spiral notebook, some fun pencils and a Target gift card and you'll have one happy teacher!!
Disclaimer // This post brought to you by DecoArt. I am a member of the DecoArt Core Blogger Team and did receive product and payment for this post. However, all thoughts, ideas and opinions are my very own!2
Oh my heck! Everytime I come to your site I find my next project! This is so perfect for a cute teacher gift.
awwww, thanks Jesseca!
Amy W says
I LOVE this idea. I'm crazy obsessed with Target as well, but I never thought of adding something so simple to take their merchandise to the next level. Thanks for sharing.
Ashley S. says
What an adorable idea! Love it! Where did you find the other gold and white notebooks? So cute!
Ashley- They are all from Target in the office supply section. Aren’t they fun?!
kisses // heather
Beth @ Incomplete Guide to Living says
What a cute idea! Love the idea of doing the notebook gift basket for teacher! 🙂
[email protected] in a Row says
How fun – I think I might need to make one of these for my piano teaching!
Heather, this is such a cute notebook! The printable tags are super cute too! What a great idea. LOVE the gold. Thanks for sharing!