+ This Grilled Pineapple Delight Boats Recipe brought to you by Old El Paso +
We’re a huge fan of pineapple at our house! That fresh tropical flavor is perfect with all kinds of dishes from savory to sweet. I especially LOVE to grill pineapple during the summer months. One night I was enjoying some grilled pineapple and started to dream up a fun new dessert that I just had to try. It’s a cross between a taco and a cheesecake. Yep, kind of crazy but once you try it… You’ll know it’s crazy awesome!!
I started with the base of the dessert by using our favorite Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats. It’s a perfect 2 bite dessert that’s perfect for a party. I coat the mini taco boats in cinnamon sugar and pop it in the oven for a few minutes. Then I fill them with a scrumptious cream cheese mixture that also involves marshmallow creme… Yep, now we’re talking! Top that with some grilled pineapple and you will be in heaven. Here’s how to make them.
Grilled Pineapple Delight Boats Recipe
- 1 package of Old El Paso Mini Soft Tortilla Taco Boats
- Cooking Spray
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 2- 8 oz. packages of cream cheese - room temperature
- 2- 7 oz jars of marshmallow creme
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 pineapple
- 12 blackberries - optional
- ⅛ cup of toasted unsweetened coconut - optional
- Prepare Mini Taco Boats first by preheating the oven to 400˚ then place Mini Taco Boats on a parchment lined baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Coat each of the Mini Taco Boats with cinnamon sugar.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- While the Mini Taco Boats are cooling, place the cream cheese, marshmallow creme, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla into a large mixing bowl and mix starting on the lowest speed and gradually increase the speed until the ingredients are fully combined. If you aren’t using this right away, you’ll want to place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut pineapple into roughly 1 inch wedges about a ½ and inch thick. Grill on a grill pan for 1 minute on each side or until you see some grill marks appearing. Remove from grill and let cool completely.
- To assemble your dessert either spoon or pipe your filling into the Mini Taco Boats, top with a couple of slices of pineapple, a blackberry and garnish with toasted coconut.
For more great recipes visit the Old El Paso website! They have thousands of tasty and unique recipes that your family will love.
Disclaimer // I am an Old El Paso blogger and receive payment for my time and efforts in developing new ideas and recipes. All thoughts, ideas and opinions are my very own. Rest assured, I won’t ever promote a company or a brand that I truly use in my every day life and truly believe in.10