This post brought to you by Kraft® // Holiday entertaining can be a little overwhelming. Especially when you are hosting family or friends for several days. You can’t have a Turkey with all the fixin’s at every meal. That would be way to much work, not to mention hard on the wallet. You need to have a few simple meal options that are quick and still fun for the whole family. This recipe is one that everyone can chip in and help make PLUS my family LOVES them!
Who doesn’t love tacos? With this fun spin on a simple classic recipe your gathering is sure to be a hit. You can serve taco hand pies as the main dish or make them a little smaller and use as an appetizer for a cocktail party. They are so versatile. Here is how you make them.
Ohhhh doesn’t that look tasty? Now you can serve with sour cream, salsa and any other taco fixin’s you can think of.
Now, this is the perfect, easy, crowd pleasing meal to have on hand when you have company in town. The lovely folks at Kraft® are making it even easier on your wallet this holiday season at Target…
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
Disclaimer // This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- salt & pepper
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of fat free refried beans
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of drained corn
- 1 package of Kraft® Finely Shredded Cheese
- 2 cans of Pillsbury Corn Biscuits
- 1 egg beaten
- First, you will need to cut your onion into strips. I cut my onion in half and then cut into strips. In a large skillet add the olive oil and place over a medium high heat. Once the oil is hot add your onions and sauteé for 3-4 minutes until translucent.
- Add your ground beef, season lightly with salt and pepper. Break-up the ground beef into small pieces and brown. Once the meat has browned, remove excess grease with a spoon and discard. Stir in the taco seasoning over medium heat.
- Add the refried beans, black beans and corn. Let this mixture come to temperature and the remove from heat.
- Lightly flour a clean dry surface and roll out your first corn biscuit. Place about a ¼ to a ⅓ of a cup of the taco meat mixture in on the rolled out biscuit and top with a generous helping of Kraft® Shredded Cheese.
- Then with a pastry brush, brush on a bit of egg wash along the edge of the biscuit dough. Fold over and seal with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush the top of the hand pies with the egg wash. Repeat with remaining biscuits.
- Bake in a 350˚ oven for 14-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.