I have always been a wreath girl at heart. After years of watching Martha Stewart on her old shows in the 1990’s (the best ones, if you ask me) I have always wanted to push myself to either find or create the best wreaths for my front door. For me, it’s a must… You MUST always greet every visitor at your door with a cheerful hello in the form of a beautiful wreath. With the beginning of the new season, I thought a DIY Boho Spring Wreath was definitely in order. Come learn how to make one of your own!
+ This Boho Spring Wreath post brought to you by the folks at Michaels +
What is a Boho Spring Wreath
Spring is all about new beginnings. After the hustle and bustle of the holidays and getting gifts for everyone else, it’s time to treat yourself (and your space!) With bright florals and fresh projects, Michaels helps you MAKE all things spring!
What is Boho really? Short for “bohemian,” boho as a style is most closely associated with the hippies of the ‘60s and ‘70s, but the truth is it borrows from so many fashion subcultures and time periods that almost any outfit or decor can be “boho” if you style it right. To me, this wreath is a little mother earth paired with a hint of glam and that’s why it qualifies as Boho to me. I love the elements of nature, the sticks tied together with jute and then dressed with greenery that will last throughout the whole year. All topped with a cheerful HELLO in gold that adds that hint of glam like the cherry on top.
The supplies are rather simple which goes along with the theme of simplicity for this wreath. I found everything at Michaels which makes gathering supplies super easy.
- Birch Twigs
- Spring Greenery at Michaels
- hot glue gun
- hot glue sticks
- 22 gauge floral wire
- gold aluminum decorative wire
- natural wired twine
- wire cutters
- hello – This isn’t the exact hello that I used for mine. They unfortunatley, don’t have that one listed online. If you can’t find the metal one at Michaels, you can use this one and it will look GREAT too. It’s larger scale which will also look fabulous with this wreath. Plus, you can paint it whatever color you would like.
Boho Spring Wreath Instructions
Here is a quick video tutorial showing you how to make this easy spring wreath…
- Trim the twigs to your desired length.
- Place in a triangle and wire all three sides together. Trim ends if needed.
- Cut the fern leaves from the stem and wire them to the twigs in the left-hand corner.
- Cut the Zebra Bush leaves from the stem and hot glue them to the fern leaves.
- Cut the air plants from the stem and glue them in place.
- Wrap the two bottom corners with wired twine.
- Create hanger with wired twine at the top of the triangle then, wrap the tip of the triangle with the wired twine to hold the hanger in place.
- Use the gold wire to wire the hello to the wreath.
- Hang your wreath on your door or wall and test to see if any adjustments need to be made.
+ Disclaimer • This is a post that has been sponsored by Michaels. I am a Michaels Maker for 2018 and will receive product and payment to share my creative ideas with you all. Please remember, I will only share those things that I truly find exeptional and something that I will use in my every day life +3