+ This Breakfast Pizza Post brought to you by Jif® Peanut Butter +
Let’s face it… Mornings can be ROUGH! But, they don’t have to be.
I know that we are mid-summer at the moment, but I’m already starting to dread back-to-school. My kiddos start in early August, so we really only have a few more precious weeks of summer left.
Now is the time to perfect our morning routine so that as we transition back into school mode, we already have a good habit to start the year off right. We sat down and pow-wow’d and came up with some great breakfast ideas and some morning hack ideas that we think will help our family have fabulous mornings and maybe your family as well!
Morning Hack #1 Plan Ahead
Nothing tanks a day faster than not having a plan. We have found that a little planning ahead of time makes for smoother mornings. Happier kiddos and definitely a happier Mom. Plan outfits, pack backpacks & make lunches the night before.
You can even make your power packed breakfast the night before with my Overnight Protein Power Oatmeal recipe!
Click the photo above to grab the full recipe.
Morning Hack #2 Keep a Well Stocked Pantry & Fridge
One of the keys to happy mornings at our house is having a well stocked pantry and fridge. Now that doesn’t mean we have an over abundance of food that goes to waste. We’ve figured out some key staples that can make several different recipes with just a few key ingredients. All of the recipes I’m sharing today have been developed with the basic ingredients above.
Fruit, nuts, flat bread, rolled oats, milk, honey, cottage cheese, yogurt and Jif® Flavored Peanut Butter Spreads in Maple & Cinnamon. That’s it! With just those ingredients my kiddos and I can make several different types of breakfasts that they all love like our fruit pizza that my little guy adores!
Fruit Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- Flat bread
- 1-2 tablespoons of [url href=”http://www.jif.com/products/cinnamon-flavored-spreads” target=”_blank”]Jif® Cinnamon Flavored Peanut Butter Spread[/url]
- Fruit – You select your family’s favorite fruit
- Honey drizzle – optional
- Toast your flat bread to crisp it up a bit.
- [url href=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-9.jpg”][img src=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-9.jpg” width=”600″ height=”400″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-9″][/url]
- Spread a generous layer of the Jif® Cinnamon Flavored Peanut Butter Spread onto the flat bread.
- [url href=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-2.jpg”][img src=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-2.jpg” width=”600″ height=”400″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-2″][/url]
- Layer your favorite fruit on top of the peanut butter.
- [url href=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-4.jpg”][img src=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-4.jpg” width=”600″ height=”900″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-4″][/url]
- Drizzle with honey and ENJOY!
- [url href=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-8.jpg”][img src=”https://whipperberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-8.jpg” width=”600″ height=”900″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Jif-Peanut-Butter-and-fruit-Pizza-from-WhipperBerry-8″][/url]
Morning Hack #3 Be Flexible
Now, I know that my first suggestion is to plan ahead BUT… What if your pre-schooler wants ice cream for breakfast and won’t take no for an answer? Or your middle schooler refuses to go to school without the right kind of hair spray (yep, I did that to my Mom once. 1st day of 7th grade. I had run out of Aqua Net. Stellar Middle School moment! Sorry Mom!) Pre-schoolers, middle schoolers… Really all kiddos are classic for this, trust me, I know the pain!
The key here is to be flexible. Learn how to go with the flow… Your pre-schooler wants ice cream for breakfast? Make them a smoothie bowl and they won’t know what hit them!
Click the photo above for the Peanut Butter and Fruit Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Morning Hack #4 Take Time to Slow Down
Even during the summer things can be really hectic in the morning. Chores, playdates, swim lessons you name it… Mornings can typically be a rush. On the mornings that aren’t a rush, TAKE TIME TO SLOW DOWN. Saturday or Sundays can be perfect for this. Take time to slow down and make something that is extra special for the family. Take the time to sit and giggle together, get to know each other better. These are the mornings that we want to remember for years to come!
When we take the time to slow down, our family loves to eat pancakes. I’m not always jazzed about the lack of nutrition in traditional pancakes so I’ve upped my game and made some gluten-free, protein packed pancakes that my family loves!
Click on the photo above for the recipe.
Bottom line is, you want to have smooth mornings with your family and you want them to have nutritious meals that fuel them for the day. With a little prep work you can achieve just that and EVERYONE will be healthy & happy!! Invite Jif® Flavored Peanut Butter Spreads to breakfast and you’ll be a ROCK STAR!!
Disclaimer // This post is sponsored by Jif® I received product samples for review purposes. Opinions are my own.5