+ This project is brought to you by DecoArt +
The Paint Makes the Project
It’s really true, the paint makes the project. I was a little wary of this project because I don’t typically lean towards the metallic side of the spectrum when it comes to painting. Don’t get me wrong, I do love a little glam but, typically not in my paint projects. But, this paint is magical! It’s a MATTE METALLIC and it’s fabulous. I actually worked the paint so that it looked like a brushed metal and I love it.I decided to use the magazine boxes as more of a decorative spot for my shelves and decided to add some white stripes along with the Matte Metallic paint for more of a farmhouse look.
Supplies for Farmhouse Decor Makeover
- DecoArt America Decor Matte Metallics – Charcol
- DecoArt America Decor Chalky Finish – Everlasting
- Paint Brushes
- Frog Tape
- A decor piece that needs a little love, like my worn-out magazine boxes
Instructions for Matte Metallic Paint Makeover
- Clean your decor item.
- Paint your base coat. When you’re painting with the Chalky Finish you want to paint in a cross-hatch pattern which helps give the nice chalky finish.
- Once you’ve finished with the white Chalky Finish coat, let it dry to the touch.
- Lightly sand your piece to smooth out the paint surface.
- Apply your Frog Tape in the stripe pattern that you like.
- To create a perfect line, cover the edges of the tape with the base white paint.
- Then, using the America Decor Matte Metallic paint, cover the surface of the decor piece.
- Let the paint sit for a few minutes and then carefully pull the tape. It’s better to pull the tape when the paint is still slightly wet. That way you avoid possibly pulling dry paint up as well.