+ Coconut Lime Granita a creamy yet dairy free refreshing dessert +
Looking for a fresh, creamy bowl full of summer? This coconut lime granita served with scrumptious champagne mangos will totally hit the spot. It’s dairy free so for anyone with milk allergies, this creamy dessert will tickle your tastebuds for sure!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://http://silk.com/products/vanilla-coconutmilk” target=”_blank”]Silk Vanilla Coconut Milk[/url]
- 1 14 oz. can of full fat coconut milk
- zest of one lime
- juice of a 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 mangos, cut into bite sized pieces
- Place a 8×8 baking sheet or large pie plate into the freezer to chill.
- In a medium pot, add the Silk Vanilla Coconut Milk and sugar and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a shallow dish and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the full fat coconut milk, lime zest, lime juice and coconut. Pour in cooled coconut milk sugar mixture.
- Place into chilled baking dish and place in the freezer.
- Chill for one hour and then remove from freezer and using a fork, break-up the ice crystals that are forming around the edge and pull them into the middle. Smooth mixture and return to the freezer for another hour.
- Repeat this process two more times.
- When ready to serve remove from freezer and let sit for a few minutes then fluff with a fork. Place into a small serving dish and top with mango.